Tuesday, April 2, 2013

ESXi on Lenovo T400

Just as expected, not a challenge at all. Hardly worth writing about, but I will anyways. I just installed ESXi to a thumb drive on a Lenovo T400. The installation was very straight forward, just like installing to any supported piece of hardware.

As for the playing around with it part, I have to disappoint for now. As I have only very limited access to a second laptop at the moment I could only test connectivity via vSphere Client once, nothing more so far. Next week this will change. I will have a second laptop. That will also give me a few days figuring out what to use as storage for the box. Local disk is pretty much out of the question. Another USB drive might come in handy, I still have a few lying around here somewhere. They will not exactly make this a speedy showcase, but hey, better than nothing.













No fiddling with additional drivers, just plug into local network, restart management network and connect to the IP acquired by DHCP, or reconfigure your management network using static IP, whatever floats the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment